Monday, October 12, 2009

Thankful

If you live under a rock and are not in the Facebook world here's what's been going on...

Three weeks ago my Aunt was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I will spare you more of the details but it didn't look good. Countless prayers were lifted on her behalf and am THANKFUL to say that she has already had her surgery, they removed a FIVE pound tumor, drained 12 liters of fluid off her and did a complete hysterectomy, the doctor got most of cancer. There are a few places on her intestines that will be treated with Chem-O. They will not start that until she is healed from this major surgery. As of last reports, she is up walking around, eating, and should be able to come home Wednesday!! It is so amazing to SEE prayer at work.

On that subject, I would like to pose a few prayer requests on our behalf. Kevin and I would like to ask prayer for ourselves. As with everyone we have daily struggles and some just can not be overcome with out some divine help. We strive daily to live a Christian life, to raise Athen in a Christian home and be Christian examples. Surely, we fall short everyday. Serving God is of the up most importance. We need prayers and strength to do what is right, even when its not easy.

Also, Kevin's mother, Toni is starting to do a bible study with some members at from church. She would greatly appreciate any and all prayers on her behalf. She is ready to commit her life to God. This is a HUGE step for her in the RIGHT direction and we are so proud of her. With strength and prayers, we know she can do it. I will gladly forward any encouraging comments you may leave for her to her... Thanks

If anyone else has a prayer request, I would be glad to post it... you can email me.

3 comments:

Bev said...

so thankful for BJ's good report! Love you guys...I am happy to read of Kevin's mom, proud of you Tiff...

Kristin said...

I am on Facebook but obviously don't keep up with it b/c I had no idea what was going on...I'm glad that BJ's surgery went well. I will be praying that she will make a full recovery and that the chemo treatments will be successful. I'll also be ifting Kevin's mom up in pray too! Keep us updated on both!

Louise said...

Will definitely keep you, Kevin, BJ and Buster and the kids and Toni in my prayers!!