Saturday, August 15, 2009

Its about time....

**Subject matter may contain graphic details and is for mature audience only**


So today I decided, what better time than now to start potty training... I mean really its about time. So, I had planned on going to town and getting all the supplies I would need. However, mother nature had others plans ((hmmm, maybe a sign??)) Anyhoo, I had a pair of boxers here, so heck, way not.... So when Athen got up from his nap I asked him if he had to teetee... "Nope." So I told him lets try. He was relatively dry when he woke up so I figured he would have to go.... He was 'right' nope, he didn't go. So I put a diaper on him. Went about my business, and low and behold if he didn't teetee... so I said, that's it. Underwear time. So I got out the boxers. Told him NOT to teetee in them and if he had to go to tell me and he would go on (at) the potty. An hour later, no accidents and one successful trip to the potty. He has to stand up and teetee, he doesn't like to 'sit' to pee. He also doesn't like an audience... me made me get out of the bathroom before he would go... And when he doesn't have go to, he holds his teetee up and looks down at it and says... "Nope, all gone. Don't have to teetee..." So about hour and half into our adventure... He comes running in my room saying "got to teetee" and he is butt naked... and yeppers you guessed it, he had already went... But it was just a little bit. And from what I had read, it to be expected....
**update, I told Athen go and teetee before we put bed clothes on ((and a diaper for the night)) He ran into my bathroom, shut the door, pulled down his pants, lifted the lids, teeteed, pulled his pants up, AND THIS IS KEY - PUT THE LIDS DOWN, flushed and said "I teeteed, all done" and come out of the bathroom.... SUPER proud was he ((and I!!!))

Anyhoo, I will go tomorrow after church and get him some whitie-tighties with Hanny Manny or something to make it fun for him... I did give him chocolate as a reward for going on the potty... =)

2 comments:

Smith said...

Now this may be the one picture he really does look like his daddy!!! LOL!!!

Kristin said...

way to go Athen!