Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Out fished the Boys!

Yesterday Nikki, Eric, Kevin and I went out fishing. Since it was suppose to rain here, the boys got the bright idea of going off to go fishing so... at 5:30 in the morning (keep in mind this is my day OFF) I get up, get ready and we head to Bainbridge to Lake Seminal. Fished for maybe 30-45 minutes, looks like rain, head in eat lunch...clears up... fish for another 45 minutes more rain...Head home. So, its nice and sunny in good ol V-town so we hit Lake Alapaha... Where I fish with my trust ol' bream buster and cricks, really you just can't go wrong with that set up. That's how I caught my 1.1 lb blue gill (see picture) then the boys were tired of not catching any bass so they went to "their spot" and I couldn't really fish for bream and what not there. So I told them I wanted to try the bass thing. I really just more or less tried to entertain myself while they were fishing and low and behold - I caught me a bass AND it was the largest catch of the day (almost 2 lbs)! {Really, I think BOTH of mine were probably the biggest} Anyhoo, I have a wonderful time! The boys did too, although they didn't catch the biggest, I think they enjoyed seeing me catch my first "real" bass...

{Pardon my looks... I didn't know I would be the star of the day =) }

I didn't get any of the rest of the days catch - but you aren't missing much =D

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Way to go GIRL! That's the way to show up the boys!

Happy late anniversary! Hope y'all had a great one!

Bev said...

Okay, you caught 'em, now will you eat 'em? Happy Anniversary. The last wedding I did nearly killed me, I am probably going to hang up my punch bowl & cake server. Happy work week...

Daisy Keen said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! We love you! Aunt Daisy, Uncle Dwain, Ginny and Jon Jon