If I skip around or repeat myself its cause I read the day's dare the night before and sleep on it and then start fresh with implementing for the whole day, and then sometimes I don't get to blog about it till that night before I read the next days dare... gets to be a bit confusing ((to me anyway))
So, I think I have already talked about day six - Love is not Irritable.
Love Dare: Love Believes the Best
This days (today's or yesterday's however you wanna look at it..) was really good, I thought. It talked about "rooms" in your heart and how you have a Appreciation Room and a Depreciation Room. And how we tend to "visit" the depreciation room more often than the appreciation room. Talks about divorce is plotted in the depreciation room, how violent plans are schemed there... I think of this as where my vindictiveness is at... I visit that room often, I am praying for that aspect of me to diminish.... ((please pray for me as well))
Today's dare also talks about how everyone has unresolved issues, hurts, and personal baggage. I am pretty sure its called being human. We can understand that in ourselves but not so much in other, especially the ones we love, the ones we hold to a "higher" slandered. I do not think that we should lower the bar or God's standers, but understand when our spouse falls short as we ourselves so often do. I often say... "The most faults we are so quick to point out in others are the ones that are most prevalent in ourselves..." So true if you stop and think about it... I for one need to really work on loving and not judging... However, there is a BIG difference between judging and expecting one to do what is right, what God commands us to do...
I may have ventured off subject.... anyhoo, I will end with some key verses...
{Love} Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 1 Corinthians 13:7
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment