Monday, April 6, 2009

Love Dare: Day Five

Day Five: Love is not Rude...
Again, I think these are great lessons that you can apply not only to your marriage but in life and they way you treat people in general.
Here are a couple of questions to "test" yourself... they could apply in any relationship...
-How does your ________ feel about the way you speak and act around them?
-How does your behavior affect your ______'s sense of worth and self-esteem?
-Would your_____ or ____ say you're a blessing or that you're condescending and embarrassing?

I think most people would agree that we tend to mimic and take on the personalities of the people we are around... this is not always a "good" thing. Its important to stop and think about these questions, putting your spouses / loved ones feeling ahead of your own selfish ways is key.

1. Guard the Golden Rule. Treat your mate the same way you want to be treated
2. No double standards. Be as considerate to your spouse as your are to strangers and coworkers.
3. Honor requests. Consider what your husband or wife already asked you to do or not do. If in doubt, then ask.

Today's dare: ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him or her to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only.

And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. Luke 6:31

The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious; but the lips of a fool will swallow up himself. Ecclesiastes 10:12

It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house. Proverbs 25:24
___________________________________________________________________
the difference a year makes....

Athen reminds me of Jett in this picture... Jett gives that look too... I think some call it the "Walker Look"....?

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I love that you are doing the love dare. I got it for Louise and Dirt but I am not sure if she has started it yet! (And side note here is that we all went to see it when it camoe out---all being Mom, Dad, Louise, Dirt, Laurie, Nathan, and me!!Interesting to say the least!!) So glad you are sharing it! It inspires me =)

Anonymous said...

Those are some of the best Pics I have seen. I love You Boys.
Love Always,
Nana and Mama