Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Love Dare: Day Six

I didn't ask for a grade from Kevin last night... so I don't know how "well" I did. But I did try extra hard to "hold my tongue". However, I don't usually get to "lippy" with Kevin... therefore I tried to implement it with others... Hard, very hard.

Day Six: Love is Not Irritable
This is another one I need to work on ((seems like they all have been thus far, hmm.....))
Side note: Kevin sent me a text today... "I love you UN-IRRITABLY" he makes me laugh, I love him so good!

When under pressure, love doesn't turn sour. Minor problems don't yield major reactions. Love does not get angry or hurt unless there is a legitimate and just reason in the sight of God. ((ouch, that is a hard pill to swallow!))
Today's "dare" also talks about the "Sabbath" (aka Sunday) being a vacation day... to just rest and worship. -But don't be doing one while doing the other =)
I think that is key, to just slow down and take Sunday "off" I try and LIVE my this rule... Sunday is NAP day, just ask Kevin.

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long suffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. Colossians 3:12-14

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offence toward God, and toward men. Acts 24:16

1 comment:

Luke said...

Tiffany,
Hey hope the family is doing good!
I was wondering if you could send me the artist's name on your blog and add me to your prayer list? Also if you see Tyler tell him he better come down and visit! Take care!

Luke