Ten things I am thankful for.... *in no particular order*
1. My Job. MANY of your can understand with the times that we are in the importance of a job, having a job, and being able to keep a job. That I can pay my bills, provide for my family, and provide insurance.
2. My Sugardoodles ((aka Kev)) Although this past year or so has been a bit of a bumpy one, I love him all the more for it...
3. My Son. Although raising a child comes with challenges, it also comes with many rewards. I am learning that each and every day. Athen is such a joy to be around... he really is a great kid and can put a smile on anyone face...
4. My Mom. I have said it before and I will say it again... If I can become 1/2 the woman she is, I can concur the world... She's just amazing. I am pretty confident in saying that anyone that knows her would agree...
5. My Family. With out them Kevin and I would have not made it through the last couple of years financially...
6. My Friends. With out them I would have not made it through the last couple of years mentally =)
7. My Home. Although its small and "not much" its ours and I love it and I am proud of it.
8. The power of prayer... wow, what else can I say about it... it just makes you feel good... Sadly, I have not been much of a prayer... but here lately I am reevaluating my relationship with God and trying to make it what it should be.
9. Health insurance... although it may not be "great" its pretty good and I'm gratefully to have it.
10. This blog and the people that read it. It gives me an outlet and also the encouraging words from others are uplifting... I do so enjoy the comments left by others and also others blogs as well....
I am going to try and post other things I am thankful for as they come to me. I think its important to remind ourselves that we have LOTS, TONS even to be thankful for. Again, in this world today its EASY to get down and out. Trust me, I have been there MANY MANY times and thanks to God ((and a little help from some medication - yes I am putting it out there, I have to be on medication, started out for being for post-pardon and then helped me tremendously with my anxiety and depression that I stayed on it. I use to be ashamed of being on it, and to some point I still am, but I would NEVER EVER want ANY mother to go through what I went through and if helps someone else knowing that I had to take it... well then I will shout it from the rood tops!)) I am more positive and hope to be more positive for others....
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment