With that said, here's a small update on the fam....
Athen is doing just fine, he's learning all kinds of new things... he's working on numbers, colors, and letters... He's sentences are getting longer and you can understand more of what he is saying. He's still really into MMCH and Handy Manny.
Now to Kevin, well............. he's not doing so well. He has a herniated disc. Its pretty bad. All the doctors are saying surgery... He is trying Physical Therapy right now and has an appointment with a pain management doctor in March.

this is actual MRI of his back... ((don't ask me what it is, but it looks bad...))
So, that's pretty much all that's been going on at our house. We are to be on our cruise right now, but due to Kevin's back we couldn't go.... such is life.
Hope all is doing well and be looking for an Athen update around the end of next week, say sometime around the 27th =)
2 comments:
Hey I appreciate the encouragement a couple of weeks ago when I was complaining about school. Sorry it has taken so long for me to respond. I hope all is going well!! Looks like your son keeps you pretty busy! I was looking at your husband's MRI and we just studied that earlier in the semester. It appears(to my very untrained eye) to be a posterior-lateral L4-L5 herniation!! It is a weakening or rupture of the intervertebral disc which (if this is an L4-L5 herniation) is probably putting a lot of pressure on the L5 nerve!!! OUCH!! I know that has got to hurt!! I hope he gets to feeling better real soon! Take Care!
Luke
Tiff, I missed your blogs when you were not doing them. Remember Dorothy McLeod, David Nelson and Greg Brown all had back surgery within a year of each other. I thnk the recovery is not as bad as it used to be and there are restrictions what you can do but they are all better than they were. I hope he feel batter with the therepy and sorry he's hurting. Athen is cute, seems like Anna does or says something new daily! Take care XO Bev
Post a Comment