Sunday, December 20, 2009

Catching up.....

Its been a while, I know.
Lets see, what we have been up to.... well I have gotten 98% of my Christmas shopping done ((which really isn't saying much when all I had to buy for was the kido's-that would include Kevin =) )) Everything is wrapped other than Athen's. I am going to wait and wrap it Christmas eve and put it out when he goes to bed. Odd, I know since The Bradford household doesn't participate and/or encourage "Santa" (don't judge) Although we do not believe in Santa, I do want Christmas to be special for Athen. One thing that we did that was special is that today Athen, Jett, Me, Nikki, and Mom all went to the nursing home and delivered Christmas cards. It is very important to us to instill doing for others in Athen. Last Sunday we took him to deliver presents to some children that wouldn't really have any this year. ((I say NONE of this to 'pat ourselves on the back') Last Monday we had Papa's birthday at Nikki and Eric's house. The boys (J&A) put on a show for all of us. Oh my. I really think Nikki and I need to put them on YouTube or something and CASH in on all that energy!!
Last night we took the boys to look at Christmas lights. Let me just tell ya - its NOTHING like it use to be. Or what I remember it being like. HOWEVER, Grammie and Papa are taking the boys tomorrow night to the Spirit of the Suwannee Lights. I am so grateful and thankful for Athen to have active grandparents. It truly is a blessing. One that most take for granted.
We are very excited about Christmas. Athen is getting a swing set!! I can't wait for him to see it!

No comments: