Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blessed

I am way behind on my blogging... Its a 'mood' thing with me... either in it or not, and here lately... not so much.



This blog is about how truly blessed we are to have Athen in our lives. I think as parents, with the day to day dealings and day in and day out issues, we forget how blessed we are. Or at least I do. Athen is such a wonderful blessing. Not only cause of his easy going nature and how wonderful he is developing ie: how easy it was to go thru his mile stones. To date nothing has been "hard" not even getting rid of the pacie.... He sleeps through the night ((although now that he's in a bed, he will get up.... I am pretty sure he has always been an on and off sleeper, I just didn't know it.... He's a great eater. Athen is loving, no so much a cuddlier, but if he hurts your feelings and knows it.... Its "Sorry, Mom-Mom" until you tell him its ok. and if you don't its "I said, SORRY mom-mom!" =) He is healthy. To this day he hasn't been sick with a virus ((throwing up)) ever! And he has not been to the doctor since his 2 year old check up... I am holding out HOPING we can make it a whole year, that's pretty impressive. A toddler who hasn't graced the doctors office ((ok and we are not counting that one little 10 minute trip to Youth Care for 5ths disease)) in a year. Wish we could bypass the 3 year check up... he will surely get sick from being at the doctor's office. Which reminds me.... need to make a dentist appointment ((yuck)) for Athen. Athen is a bit hard headed and strong will. HOWEVER - he a) gets that honest - and yes, I will put it out there, he gets it from me and b) strong will isn't a "bad" thing.... just has to be structured...
Athen loves to go to 'class' aka church. Until we get there, and then he doesn't want me to leave. He has just gotten use to his teacher and then the quarter changed!
Athen's favorite store is Wal-Mart ((again, got that honest - from his Grammie and Daddy!))
He will throw some elbows over food, and the coveted car seat in Ninnie's car....
I LOVE that he can now tell me what he wants to eat, when he wants to eat, if he wants to eat, what hurts, where it hurts, if he has to go to the potty, what he needs to tend to when he gets there.... I am really enjoying this age. I love the 'conversations' we have.



Yes, we are BLESSED beyond measure!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Totally forgot your b-day! So sorry....don't know how I forgot it's my in-laws anniversary too! Anyway, Hope you had a great day!