I know I know... I am a bit behind on my love dare days... How is that you have a day off from work and everything seems to get BEHIND...? That doesn't make sense! =)
So I am going to do a abbreviated version to get caught up...
Day Eight: Love is Not Jealous
On this day of course it talks about how in a marriage there are people that your spouse may come in contact with that that can cause you to have a sense of jealousy... But it also talks about, which I found more key, that you can be jealous of not just people but THINGS... Such as could be jealous that my husband L-O-V-E-S to fish, he would spend ALL his free time doing it if he could and sometimes does... To be honest, it really doesn't bother me all that much... He works hard and its something he enjoys doing.... The way I see it, he isn't out in some bar, so what's the harm? However, I can totally see where a spouse could/would get jealous over a hobby...
Anyway... Today talks about how jealousy is selfishness and if each other display a act of love that is not selfish and does things for one another thinks of the other first, then there would be no reason to be jealous. Good thought, hard to apply though....
And this just doesn't apply to your marriage relationship, again, it can apply to all relationships in your life. It comes down to you should be jealous of anyone or anything. Just because someone may have something you don't have or a life that you wish you had. Remember, God is in control, thus it is pointless to be of a jealous heart...
For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. James 3:16
Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. James 4:1-2
Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned. Song of Solomon 8:6-7
Day Nine: Love Makes A Good Impression
This day talks about how you greet your spouse... How you talk to them, touch them, say "Good Morning", "Good Night" to them and so on...
Your tone, touch, and attitude can really make an impression on people, and how better to make a good impression on than your spouse...?
Here are a few key verses...
Greet one another with a kiss of love. 1 Peter 5:14
For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, brother. Philemon 1:7
Day Ten: Love is Unconditional
I believe I will reserve my opinion on this one for a later date... I will have to do some more research on it, as I am not totally use I agree with the book 100%... I must dig in the Scriptures myself - as we all should do...
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment