Lets start with "bad" and follow up with GOOD....
Last night/this morning, I learned that you do not go to SGMC's ER and say that anything NEAR your "Chest" hurts unless you are prepared to stay for oh, about 12 hours. That was shorter than what it could have been.... (helps to know folks)
Let me back up a bit, last Thursday Kevin told me that it felt like something was stuck in this throat... by Sunday night he couldn't breathe very well or swallow his own spit. Off to the ER we go, I wasn't about to go all night with him not being able to breathe well and run the risk of him stop breathing all together while he slept.... ((note to self: just invest in one of those things you put on your finger to know what you are getting enough oxygen to your brain - its HAS to cost less than a 12hr vacation at SGCM)) So at SGMC they as Kevin what is wrong he tells him "I can't breathe well and my "chest" hurts thus started our LONG trip thru tests in the Chest Pain center. I kept telling them it wasn't his heart and wasn't his "chest" that's just the best way he could describe it. At one point the nurse asked "And who are you? What relation to him?" Guess how well that went over with me?!?!?!
So 12 hours later, we know it wasn't his heart... HELLO!!! I am pretty sure at hour ONE I had all ready clued them in to that little bit of information...
They think ((which I already knew)) that its something to do with his GI track. I think more accurate its Esophageal Ulcer. And if you are wondering, his back is doing a bit better, he is undergoing treatment at Dr. Pridgens and seems to be helping. this will be his second full week. Pray for my little Kevin....
Now on to Good New - ATHEN
He knows all his ABC's by sight
He knows all his numbers by sight
He can count to 9
He knows most all of his colors
He knows most all his common shapes
He knows LOTS of animals, not just barn yard animals but elephant, tiger, lion, alligator....
He knows the characters names on Dora/Diego, MMCH (of course) and Handy Manny
He knows in which order the letters of his name goes in... I have to tell him "A-T-H-E-N" but he knows that the A goes first and then the T goes BEHIND the A, if he puts in front he looks at it and goes "Nope" and corrects himself...
He's VERY smart.
Last night his Papa said "Do you know this two year old knows how to count to ten?" I said "Did you know more importantly that he knows his numbers by sight?"
I think its more important that he knows his numbers and letters by sign than by being able to sing some song or just be able count in order...
We are currently working on learning the sounds letters make and the lower case abc's...
And for your viewing pleasure...Athen got some new clothes... =)
2 comments:
Hope the treatments work on Kevin's back. Your fellas are sure cute in that last picture. Anna knows alot--amazing what little sponges they are so young--the absorb sooo much knowledge! XO
Way to go Athen!!! And I hope Kevin is feeling better!!
Post a Comment