Just wanted to take a moment to blog about my parents....
Most of you know them and have probably experienced first hand their kindness and generosity... But if not, here's a little story... it is not meant to boost about them nor to make anyone feel any less but this is touch my heart so that I had to share...
Today on the way home from church ((Bug and I road with them)) there was a woman sitting on the side of the road with her head down on the steering wheel. Of course, my daddy stopped and turned around to see if she was OK... She simply replied "My car wont start, I am out of gas..." In which he said "I will be right back with some gas for you..." Came back to my parents and got the gas and they went on to help them. They not only gave the woman some gas to get her to the station, but they also supplied her the the means to fill up her tank and then some. In these "hard times" people aren't willing to help folks out, but not my parents... it was as if it wasn't even a question of "should we, shouldn't we..." its second nature them.
Mom talked to the woman ((who had her two little boys with her)) and invited them to church....
Well tonight as Bug and I sit in the training room, in walks this woman and her two sons. They sit there for a while and she leans over and asks me "Do you know who Mr and Mrs Walker is...?" I knew who she was, and what they had done for her earlier that day... I told her "Yes mam, they are my parents..." in which she said "You have wonderful parents" I replied, "Yes mam, I do..." It took all I could do not to break down and cry there in front of her...
A simple act of kindness could have very well turned this woman's life around... she proceeded to ask where they were sitting and went and sat with them... Now I don't know if she will ever come back but I know for a fact that her life has been touch, as well as mine... I look around and am reminded of how blessed I really am, not only for the "things" I have. But for the parents I have...
Thank you mama and daddy, thank you for simpling being you... Today you not only touch a life of a stranger but you also touched the life of your daughter and one day I will tell this story and many others to your grandson, who's life you have touched as well...
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Count me in!!! They are are the best second set of parents ever!!! :) They are wonderful!!
Okay...do NOT make me cry!!!!!!!!!
What a wonderful expample they are to so many people! I love them both! Thanks for sharing your story.
Ditto what Nikki said!
You girls have been blessed with WONDERFUL parents!
Post a Comment